|Caution, old man off-roading!|
|Pictured: Ingredients. In their final form.|
|Speaking of frosting!|
- 1 1/2 sticks of room temp butter
- 1 cup of Crisco
- 6 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of CLEAR vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of Baileys (either regular or caramel)
|I needed quite a few colors and tips for this cake. My friends better be glad there's nothing I won't do when it comes to cake.|
- I used open star tips to decorate my Jeep. I used a small amount of frosting dyed hot pink and placed in a bag with a #16 tip. I used a small amount of black dye and placed in a bag with a coupler and a #18 tip. You'll also need a small round open tip to write which is why you need a coupler. I used a #3 tip for this.
- For my smoke and boulder, I dyed frosting gray using a small amount of black dye into the plain white frosting. The boulder frosting is on the far right. I used a 1A round tip for this and a #12 tip with a coupler for my smoke cloud. I used a #16 tip for the Jeep windows, so the coupler is needed here.
- I left a small amount of frosting dyed blue for my sky in a bowl and set aside.
- I left a larger amount of frosting dyed tan for my ground and sides of the cake in a bowl (Tupperware, whatevs) and set aside.
- I finished up by dying my remaining frosting green and placing in a bag with a grass tip. I believe mine is a #239.
|You'll notice I sketched this cake out in advance. Quite obvious I'm an English teacher by day now, isn't it? I started off by piping the outline of my Jeep. I worked backwards since I'm a lefty and the world is against me.|
|Which makes piping messages suck super hard! I traded my open star tip for my #3 tip for this. I also used the open star tip to give the Jeep some tiny rims.|
|Then I filled in the fuschia!|
|I finished up the Jeep by tinting the windows. This way |
|Okay, let's talk rock candy. Negative, let's talk candy rocks (this made a huge difference in my Amazon search for obvious reasons. Rock candy search results actually yielded Breaking Bad meth candy). These little dudes (the candy rocks, not the meth) are amazing! I bought a bag of these, and they are so tasty. Like an M&M in the shape of a rock! I don't know why this is so groundbreaking to me, but it is. I used them to complete my border.|
|Even the candles scream Barbie Jeep.|