|I'm certainly not the only one drooling right now.|
A few months ago, Applebee's revamped their menu and put Churro S'mores on their appetizers:
1. I feel like Applebee's really missed the boat by not calling their appetizers Appletizers.
2. Sadly, I am well acquainted with Applebee's menu because it is one of the only places we can go here to have a beer after 8 p.m.
We've never tried the Churro S'mores, but my husband usually bugs the crap out of me to get them. I'm sorry, but mozarella sticks will always reign supreme as the best bar food to me. So I kinda made these churro cupcakes more for him than anything else, but you better believe I'm eating the hell out of them, too. The recipe itself is quite simple, so let's get down to business!
|Two types of flour? Getting a little loco up in here.|
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cake flour (yeah, this is a real thing, I promise.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter at room temp
- 3/4 heaping cup of sugar
- 2 eggs at room temp
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 ounces of milk (a little over 2/3 of a cup)
|My muffin tin has seen better days.|
|Like so. At this point, you've got a solid breakfast muffin on your hands.|
|If it starts with melted butter, I'm always in.|
|Heaven has a face, alright.|
|Sí, there will be MORE cinnamon!|
- 4 ounces of room temp cream cheese
- 1 stick of room temp butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- A splash of milk if you like a thinner frosting, but for piping, I used no milk to maintain a thick consistency that would hold shape.
- Optional: The CUTEST little chili pepper cupcake picks I have ever seen. Ole!
|I don't have tiny hands, this is just a really large Ateco open star tip.|
|A dollop of deliciousness.|
|Repeat for all twelve cupcakes. And in another improbable but miraculous moment, there was a little bit of frosting leftover that I may or may not but probably did eat.|
|Finish off by adding the pepper picks to the center of each cupcake. The mound of frosting will give a little and create a perfect cushion for these toppers.|
|There is never a bad moment for these, I swear.|
|The three amigos.|