|All the best desserts start with Oreos.|
- 1 package of plain Oreos ...these do, in fact, still exist which is shocking, because...Double Stuff.
- 2 sticks of butter, divided
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 12 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips ...if you don't like dark chocolate, use regular. I think the pie is the perfect amount of sweet with the dark chocolate, though. Milk chocolate may cross over into that "It's so sweet I'm gonna gag" territory.
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Coarse sea salt
- Optional: extra caramel sauce for drizzling and God's gift to ice cream: Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla
|I was pleased with the results.|
|Gonna start dunking my Oreos in melted butter from now on...|
|Homemade caramel...is there anything better?|
|I'd even have settled for the pie as is at this point.|
|I didn't even need the spatula...this dessert is so kind when it comes to dishes.|
|Dear God, you're perfect.|
|The waiting was the hardest part.|
|I want to thank this pie for making Lenten sacrifices possible. You're the real MVP.|