|Because they are as tasty as they are aesthetically pleasing.|
|Yeah, I didn't even make my own crust...that's how hot it is outside. I've gone listless.|
- One premade pie crust. Graham cracker would work, but Nilla Wafer was a winner in my book.
- One packet of lime Jello
- One cup of boiling water
- Three TBS of lime juice
- One 8-oz brick of cream cheese. I went light this time, as I am always afraid I'll have to wear a swimsuit on vacation, and we've got one of those coming up soon.
- Half a cup of sugar
- One packet of Dream Whip. This requires a half a cup of cold milk and half a tsp of vanilla to make. It yields two cups, so you could try subbing Cool Whip instead, as it is a similar consistency. Dream whip can be found by the Jello and pudding in a grocery store.
- Crushed graham crackers or Trader Joe's waffle butter cookies
- Lime garnish
- Cool Whip for topping or frosting decorations
- One crappy photo montage (I really need a phone with a better camera):
|Start by mixing the boiling water, lime juice, and Jello packet together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate after this step for about 45 minutes. You want it slightly set, but not enough to create a skin.|
|If I had a better camera, you'd be able to see the thickness of the Jello dropping off my finger. When the droplets slightly stick to your finger, the Jello is ready.|
|Remove the Dream Whip from the fridge and mix in.|
|And now it is time to pour your mixture into the pie crust. Shove into the fridge (covered) for about four to six hours to set.|
|Then I took my crushed cookie crumbs and sprinkled them all around the side of my cheesecake and on top of my piped stars.|
To create lime spirals, take a potato peeler and peel off a large and long chunk of lime. Take this chunk and slice it into smaller strips. Wrap each strip, one at a time, around your pinky finger. This will create a nice circle. You could stop here and it would still be pretty, but to create a spiral, unfurl the circle and take each end and twist in the opposite direction. This will create a nice spiral:
|Not pictured is the pinky finger now missing a large chunk of skin thanks to the potato peeler. Just when I thought I might be capable of making an actual Key Lime Pie...|
|Enjoy the view!|